




It seems when my kids hit the age of 17-18 they are consumed with owning a dog. They search and search the internet look up different kinds of breeds viewing a million pictures of all size and shapes of any kind of dog you can think of. I hear all kinds of promises...I promise to take care of it....i promise to feed and water it.....I promise to take it on walks....I promise it can go with me to the park and we will have fun throwing frisbees together.....I promise I promise I promise...all the while in the background Norm is shouting...."We are not dog people!" We did have a dog....he was very cute and we were all sad to see him go (even Norm) but he was naughty. Nobody told us before hand that beagles have a "wire" missing!!!! He ate socks...he ate electrical cords....he ate plastic animals.....he ate bark...he ate cat poop....he ate shoes....he ate underwear.....he ate anything that wasn't nailed down. He pooped out....dollar bills...socks....underwear....plastic animals...socks...socks....and more socks.....oh and don't forget he dreamed of getting an education because he was caught riding the middle school bus. (not fun for the shy middle school student that had to have the bus stop at their house and get the dog off the bus!) But needless to say our first dog experience wasn't so good so why should the second time around be? But the kids just dream and dream and dream of the happiness that they would have with a dog .....driving down the road with the dog sticking his head out the window and his ears and tongue blowing in the wind or running slow motion through the park while "Rover" dutifully retrieves the frisbee and brings it to its beloved owner and gently sets it at his feet. Oh the magic......so we sat with Zack at the computer and looked at dogs...between Zack, Norm, and I this is what we came up with....
Norm thinks a birddog is a good idea!!!!!
Zacks is liking big dogs possibly a hunting dog!!!!
I want a pocket sized dog that has pocket sized poop and would like the color pink with diamonds. We will think it over a bit and make our decision but in the mean time visions of happiness and fur will dance around on all fours in our heads while we decide if we are dog people!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment